Community Response Team Program Director
• Recruitment: Build a volunteer team of canvassers to collect information regarding residents in historically and predominately black communities for purposes of identifying people in need.
• Volunteer Management: Train volunteer canvassers and work with volunteers in both individual and group settings. Create a welcoming and motivating atmosphere.
• Plan, organize and execute canvassing events in historically black neighborhoods. This includes preparing training materials, volunteer waiver forms, and ordering food and gift cards for volunteers.
• Carefully Collect data from volunteer canvassers and track and enter data collected into FTS’s electronic database. Ensure data entry and quality control is executed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Facilitate the completion of services rendered to communities we serve.
• Communicates with other team members regarding the status of data entered into database in a timely manner;
• Respects applicant dignity and confidentiality; and
• Performs any other tasks necessary to advance the South Carolina Community Response Team.
Strong communication and organizational skills, self-motivated and great work ethic, and a demonstrated commitment to fighting for racial and social justice. Candidates must be able to work within a team, have proven leadership ability and an orientation towards handling a lot of responsibility. Strong self-direction and the ability to take initiative are also necessary qualifications. Access to reliable transportation is a must. Previous field and community engagement experience are a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to execute a large project with little oversight or management
• Must have access to a working phone;
• Must have access to electronic mail;
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical and maintain confidentiality
• Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Concern for others — Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
• Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
• Independence — Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
Position is part-time. You will be expected to work weekdays, weekends and evenings as needed.
$20.00 per hour
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Alesha Brown at email@example.com with “Community Response Team Program Director- SC” in the subject line. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this position, please contact Alesha S. Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org 704-709-0135.